Christian Lai Chun
- Chef Christian was born in the island of Mauritius where he also attended culinary school and apprenticed at one of the leading hotels, The Royal Palm Hotel.
- In 2006, he studied in France specializing in Baking & Pastry Arts and worked at Chez Bouillet pastry shop in Lyon, a member of the Relais Desserts International. He also applied his skills at "Chez Cordier" and "Aux Délices d'Etampes" near Paris.
- He then returned to Mauritius and worked as Pastry Chef at two 5-star luxury resorts, the Maritim and Taj Exotica.
- In 2009, he moved to Toronto and worked as Chef de Partie at two local pastry shops. Then, in 2012, he joined the Ritz Carlton Toronto where he was nominated for the 2013 Greater Toronto Hotel Association Award.
- In 2015, Chef Christian relocated to Vancouver where he joined the team of Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts.
- In 2017, Chef Christian represented the school as finalist and one of only two Canadian pastry chefs at the Valrhona C3 Chocolate Competition in New York - there were only a total of 6 finalists from across North America. Chef Christian is known for his artistic skills, his precision and his passion for inspiring his students..