Culinary Arts Chef Instructor
Passion, strong work ethic, and an open mind will bring success.
- Born and raised in Richmond, England, Chef Ben got his start attending culinary school in his home country. Upon graduation, he apprenticed under celebrity Chef Paul Gayler at the 5-star Lanesborough Hotel Hyde Park in London.
- From there, he traveled abroad, gaining experience working at a 5-star hotel in the luxurious Canary Islands, Spain.
- England called him back afterwards, and he gained the opportunity to work for the Marco Pierre White Restaurant Group at The Park & The Yew Tree.
- Chef Ben has had the pleasure of learning from some of Europe's best and brightest, namely Chefs Jacques & Laurent Pourcel in Montpellier, Chef Alain Ducasse at the Dorchester Hotel in London, and Chef Paul Bocuse in Lyon.
- Taking the leap across the Atlantic, Chef Ben has since settled here in Vancouver, attaining his Culinary as well as his Baking Red Seal certifications.
- Since his arrival, he has taken up the positions of Executive Sous Chef at the Sutton Place Hotel, as well as Head Chef of the DiRoNA (Distinguished Restaurants of North America) Award winning Caffé dé Medici.
- After many years of working in the kitchen, Chef Ben shifted to teaching; he has spent the last four years instructing culinary arts as well as consulting for up and coming restaurants in the city, and now instructs full time here at PICA.