WSET Level 2 Award in Wines (Spring 2020, 9-Week)
1. Choose A Class
WSET LEVEL 2 AWARD IN WINES
* This pricing includes your textbook and exam.
6 ISO glasses must be purchased separately ($45 + GST/PST).
TUESDAY EVENINGS (9 WEEKS)
JANUARY 7, 14, 21, 28, FEBRUARY 4, 11, 18, MARCH 3, 10 (exam date) (NOTE: No class on February 25)
6:00PM - 9:00PM
What You'll Learn:
- How to taste and describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine®(SAT)
- How environmental factors, grape-growing, winemaking and maturation options influence the style and quality of wines made from eight principal grape varieties: Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio/Gris, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Syrah/Shiraz
- The style and quality of wines: made from 22 regionally important grape varieties and produced in over 70 geographical indications (GIs) around the world
- How grape varieties and winemaking processes influence key styles of sparkling wines and fortified wines
- Key labelling terms used to indicate origin, style and quality
- Principles and processes involved in the storage and service of wine
- Principles of food and wine pairing
Student Evaluation: The final examination consists of one 50 question multiple choice paper. Results may take 6-8 weeks from the WSET in London.
Your experience will be complimented by Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts' student creations, paired perfectly with your vineous education.