WSET Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits Intensive (May 2019)
1. Choose A Class
WSET LEVEL 2 AWARD IN WINES & SPIRITS (INTENSIVE)
* This pricing includes your textbook and exam. ISO glasses will be provided during class time or you may bring your own if you have them.
SUNDAY, MAY 5
SATURDAY, MAY 11
SUNDAY, MAY 12
9:30AM - 5:00PM
What You'll Learn:
- How wine is made
- What factors influence wine style
- The key white and black grape varieties and their characteristics
- The important wine-producing regions of the world in which these grapes are grown
- The production of sparkling, sweet, and fortified wines
- Label terminology
- Food and wine pairing principles
- The principal categories of spirits and liqueurs, and how they are made
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
Student Evaluation: The final examination consists of one 50 question multiple choice paper.
Your experience will be complemented by Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts' student creations, paired perfectly with your vineous education.