WSET Level 1 Award in Wines (4-day Course) Jan 2020
1. Choose A Class
WSET Level 1 - 4 day, beginning January 8th, 2020
(Registration Deadline: January 7th, 2020)
6:00PM - 9:00PM
(includes all instruction & study guide, wines, and examination at the end of the class schedule)
This course is designed to give the student upon successful completion:
- A basic understanding of the main types & wine styles available and their determining factors
- The ability to describe the characteristics of the principal grape varieties of the world
- An understanding of the fundamentals of food and wine matching
- The ability to use a systematic approach to tasting to write simple tasting notes.
- Knowledge on the correct storage and service procedures for wine.
- Knowledge of the professional responsibility regarding the service of wine including the social, legal & health aspects
Exam: 30 question multiple choice paper sent from and marked by the WSET in London; results to be posted approximately 1 month after course completion (delays may occur from time to time).