Restaurant Service Instructor
- Mathieu's hospitality career began with The Keg Restaurants, both in Banff and in Montreal. Starting as a waiter, and then as a bartender, Mathieu then completed and received a sommelier diploma from Ecole Hotelière de Laval.
- His career took him next to Switzerland first as a bartending instructor at the Ecole Hotelière de Lausanne, then as a sommelier for the Grand Hotel du Lac in Vevey.
- From July 2008 and into the following decade, Mathieu expanded his teaching skills as an instructor at the Ecole Hotelière de Glion. Here, Mathieu taught restaurant management, wine tasting & food pairing, and conducted restaurant operations, instilling leadership, selling skills and customer service in each of his students.
- Upon his return to Canada, Mathieu moved to BC and joined Gateway Casinos, where he was in charge of training all front of house staff before new establishment openings.
- From there, Mathieu has returned to teaching in a school setting, and is now here at Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts, teaching the next generation of hospitality leaders that the front of house is just as crucial as the kitchen!