Executive Pastry Chef Instructor
- Chef Mark's career began in a small restaurant in St. John's, Newfoundland, working as a line cook. Due to a scheduling error, he had to cover a pastry position... and the rest is history!
- In 1993, he moved to Alberta where he began as a baker at the Fairmont Banff Springs. Mentored by many professional bakers, Mark quickly moved into an apprenticeship and studied at SAIT in Calgary.
- Mark completed his schooling and moved up the ranks at the Fairmont, holding the Senior Chef de Partie position until 2008, before moving out to BC and working at the Fairmonth Hotel Vancouver.
- From there, Mark joined Canadian Mountain Holidays as pastry chef and baker for the company's various luxury ski lodges throughout BC's interior.
- In 2009, Mark took the position of pastry chef at the Lazy Gourmet, and was part of their 2010 Winter Olympics team, catering to the French Hospitality House.
- 2011 found Mark joining the pre-opening team for the Rosewood Hotel Georgia, where he was part of the team that gained the Forbes 5 Star Award in its first year of operation.
- Coming full circle to complete a journey he began in 1993, Mark returned to the Fairmont Banff Springs as Executive Pastry Chef in 2014, leading a brigade of 22 bakers and pastry chefs for their 764 room resort with 12 restaurants and bars.
- By 2016, Mark joined the Four Seasons Vancouver as Executive Pastry Chef, leading their team and overseeing daily operations, banquets, the restaurant & bar, and in-room dining.
- We are incredibly pleased to have Chef Mark join us in 2017 as a Baking & Pastry Arts instructor, imparting his passion and knowledge to our students!