Baking & Pastry Chef Instructor
Dedication, hard work and a positive attitude have created opportunities for me to work in a variety of culinary and pastry establishments. It is my goal as an instructor to share my passion, knowledge and experience with the students to the best of my ability and get them ready for success within our industry.
- Chef Kristin Gyurkovits started her career at a young age and apprenticed at Northview Golf and Country Club in the lower mainland. By 19 she attained her Red Seal Journeyman Chef Certificate.
- Passionate not only for the culinary arts but for baking & pastry arts, she spent the next leg of her career at the prestigious Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel “Castle in the Rockies” for 4-years learning the art of baking and pastry. She received the Top Baker of Alberta award and gained her Red Seal Journeyman Baker Certificate.
- Advancing her skill and experience she became the Pastry Chef de Partie and completed the Fairmont Management Certification.
- Desiring to live on the west coast, close to family, she made her way back to Vancouver. She worked within the culinary and pastry departments of The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, Vancouver Convention and Exhibition Center (part-time on and off for over 10 years) and Lazy Gourmet Catering Company, to name a few.
- In 2009 an opportunity presented itself to work in the Queen Charlotte Islands as Pastry Chef at Langara Fishing Lodge, which is one of the greatest sport fishing destinations in the world. As their Pastry Chef for 3 years, she worked hard and thrived on the challenges of offering the highest quality products while managing a department and being isolated on a remote island. She found it to be a very fulfilling experience living in a remote area with breathtaking wildlife and natural beauty. With this adventure she found a new love for fishing.
- Continuing her career she has worked and traveled abroad finding herself in such places as Australia working for Skycity Hotel and Casino in Darwin and The Larder Bakery and Catering Company in Byron Bay while she traveled the country.
- Returning to beautiful B.C. Chef Kristin joins Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts, sharing her diverse culinary and pastry skills, knowledge and passion.